Lakeside is an exciting and fulfilling place to work. Our current job openings are listed below:
- Read MoreCollapse
Lakeside Park Campus Pastor
Campus Pastor | Ministry | Lakeside Christian Church
☒Lakeside Park ☐Hebron ☐Taylor Mill ☐Central
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor
JOB STATUS (select all that apply):
☒Exempt (not eligible for overtime) ☐Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime)
☒Full Time (30 or more hours/week) ☐Part Time (Less than 30 hours/week
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS (select all that apply):
f = frequent, o = occasional, n = never
Lifting (25-50 lbs) ☐F ☒O ☐N
Lifting (11-24 lbs) ☐F ☒O ☐N
Walking ☐F ☒O ☐N
Bending/Stooping ☐F ☒O ☐N
Climbing ☐F ☒O ☐N
Standing ☐F ☒O ☐N
Sitting ☐F ☒O ☐N
☒Days ☒Evenings ☒Weekends ☒Occasional Weekends/Evenings
☒Staff ☒Members ☒Visitors ☒Volunteers ☒Community ☒Elders
The Campus Pastor will be entrusted with the responsibility of achieving the goal of quality and fruitfulness within the Lakeside Park campus by leading the campus team in the day to day operation of the campus, overseeing the campus’ first impressions and involvement strategies, overseeing the execution of campus-specific programs and events, and overseeing the campus’ local mission initiatives. The Campus Pastor is the solid line report for all campus team members and is expected to encourage and equip that team for day to day success. This includes but is not limited to monthly one on one meetings, mid-year/annual reviews, program assessment, performance coaching, etc. The Campus Pastor will ensure that pastoral care protocols are followed at the campus and act as the initial point of contact for congregational needs. The Campus Pastor will oversee the execution of all campus-specific events ensuring that they are done with intentionality, urgency, and integrity. The Campus Pastor is expected to encourage, celebrate and strategically collaborate with all other Lakeside Christian Church campuses. As a member of the staff of Lakeside Christian Church, the Campus Pastor is expected to embody Lakeside’s mission and values at all times.
The Lakeside Park Campus Pastor must be an upfront leader who is able to cast vision and activate the staff, volunteers and attendees of the Lakeside Park Campus. The Lakeside Park Campus Pastor will be the primary host for Sunday morning worship gatherings and should utilize this time to establish their leadership over the campus. The Lakeside Park Campus Pastor will lead, develop and care for the Lakeside Park campus team. This includes holding team members accountable to Lakeside’s mission, values, and staff covenant. The Lakeside Park Campus Pastor will lead the Lakeside Park Campus’ involvement in local missions by identifying opportunities and activating community groups/volunteer teams to execute those opportunities. The Lakeside Park Campus Pastor will serve as the primary oversight for all Lakeside Park specific events. This includes ensuring that events are adequately planned, the right people are involved and that the mission and values of Lakeside Christian Church are being clearly articulated and protected.
- Ensure Accountability - Holds others, and self, accountable to meet expectations. Is able to lean into difficult conversations with grace and a humble spirit.
- Cast Vision and Purpose - Communicates a compelling vision that inspires others to respond. Regularly will tie tasks, activities, and conversations to the big picture and purpose of the ministry.
- Act Decisively - Makes sound and timely decisions. Recognizes when a quick decision needs to be made and is willing to act even when relatively little information is available.
- Build Effective Teams - Gathers a group of individuals into a cohesive group that understands and utilizes individual strengths to achieve common goals, objectives and fosters a sense of belonging.
- Innovate and Create - Develops new ideas, material, or opportunities for the ministry to be successful. Knows when a new approach is needed.
- Shepherd/Pastor Others - Cares for others' physical, spiritual, and emotional needs and disciples others to become more like Christ.
Required Education, Experience, and Membership:
- Full Membership within Lakeside Christian Church (including alignment with Lakeside’s values and beliefs)
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (or comparable experience in that field)
- Able and confident teacher/preacher of scripture.
- Experience building and leading volunteer teams.
- Experience building and executing student ministry events.
Beneficial Skills & Experience
- Multi-site church experience
- Organizational and communication skills
- Experience with managing ministry budgets
***Nothing in this job description restricts the church’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.